Easy to use
with a new installation concept
The innovative design of the Sunny Boy 2.5 is not only easy to install, but also allows for quick DC and AC connections. For example, because it weighs just 9 kg, it can be suspended from just two screws, with no additional wall mounting bracket. Commissioning is equally easy, because the integrated user interface (Web UI) makes it possible to choose the necessary settings in next to no time – without opening the cover.
- Rapid commissioning with the intuitive Web UI
- Easy installation thanks to a low weight of just 9 kg and an intelligent connection concept
- Broad input voltage range of 80 to 600 V
- Flexibility in choice of module
with an innovative communication concept
With its focus on what really matters, the Sunny Boy 2.5 also offers impressive communication features. The intuitive user interface (Web UI) makes it possible to monitor system data on any smartphone, tablet, laptop or traditional PC. This enables the user to choose between local and online monitoring via Sunny Places and Sunny Portal.
- New communication concept thanks to Web UI
- System data monitoring possible on all smartphones and tablets
- Choose between local and online monitoring via Sunny Portal and Sunny Places
- Factory-integrated Ethernet and WLAN interface
- Professional Monitoring via Webconnect with the Sunny Portal Professional Package
Performance in the Shade
Partial shade on a PV array is sometimes unavoidable. If not correctly managed, it can affect the performance of your entire system. But with the patented SMA ShadeFix function in your Sunny Boy, the effect of partial shade is minimised allowing your PV system to operate as though there was no shade.
Investment Security Included
With SMA Smart Connected, SMA is the first manufacturer to offer free and automatic inverter monitoring that helps installers provide customers with a quick, targeted service. If an inverter fails, SMA proactively informs the PV system owner and the installer. In this way, PV system owners and installers benefit from minimised diagnosis and downtime. If it is necessary to replace the inverter, SMA sends a replacement device fast and free of charge.